The purpose of this drill is to practice the
eye teaming necessary to clearly see and track objects that are near to you, and is
especially important for reading.
Standing in a comfortable position, balanced and relaxed; using a
finger, pen, etc. as a target held at arm’s length in front of your nose.
• Focusing on the tip of the target and slowly bring it in toward the nose
• Stop once the target doubles or you reach the tip of your nose
• Briefly hold your gaze on the target (it may get blurry, which is ok, but just
ensure it has not doubled)
• Slowly return to the starting position while maintaining focus on the target
• Do 3-5 repetitions with each hand
Words and graphic taken from the Human Performance & Rehabilitation, Colorado Springs Center