These are the week 2 action items. It is essential that you follow all of the action items related to this course. Not only will they help your body to rebuild your health, but as you follow these action items throughout this workshop you will build the lifestyle habits that will maintain your health for the rest of your life.
Please try to get these Action Items finished before coming to the third class.
- Follow the Foods to Eat, Foods to Moderate, Foods to Avoid This is the most difficult step in the healing process for most people. Most students follow this entire list completely from day one. It usually takes about two weeks before it gets substantially easier and all the urges go away. A few students feel overwhelmed at the thought of following all these recommendations at once. If this is you, you can start by completely giving up certain foods. For example, Stop eating everything with sugar in it. Then in a few days, give up dairy, etc. Give up a new food every few days. This approach will take you several weeks to clean up your diet, so you will not be fully following the workshop recommendations, but we all need to do what we can do. The way that doesn’t seem to work is to start cutting down on bad foods. So, for example, you decide to only eat ½ as much gluten or ½ as much sugar. This doesn’t seem to work for people because they are always focused on the treats later. When you completely stop all at once, you get over this food focus a lot quicker. However, we strongly recommend you start following the full list as of right now. That way, by the time the workshop ends, this lifestyle will become a habit. Students soon start noticing results and this motivates most people to continue. This is the approach that yields the best results.
- Keep a log of what you eat each day and how it makes you feel emotionally and physically. Start using the Pulse Test on any questionable foods that affect you physically or mentally. Note the Pulse Test does not work for everyone.
- Remove all “Foods to Avoid” from your house. This will make it significantly easier for you to stay on your plan. Most people don’t want to throw away these foods, so they donate them to local food drive, or neighbors or family.
- When you go shopping, make sure you are well rested and full. Never shop when you’re tired or hungry.
- Stay Hydrated. Drink ½ ounce for every pound of bodyweight. So, for example, if you weigh 150 pounds, drink 75 ounces of water or Green Juice every day. We’re not big fans of most other drinks. Avoid fruit juices that are canned or bottled. In fact, until we see your blood test, even fresh squeezed fruit juices should be avoided because they can have a deleterious effect on your blood sugar. Herbal teas are okay, but they don’t count towards your daily total.
Stay the course everyone. The next few weeks will be the hardest part of the program, but the hard part won’t last. It takes a lot of self-discipline to create a good habit. But it takes very little discipline to maintain a good habit.
As always, email or call me with questions or comments.